UNEKSIMINEN – RIIPPUMINEN – SYLKKY
Dreaming, Hanging and Lap
Site-specific drawing installation for the group exhibition OMEGA 3
Uneksiminen/Dreaming. 1,5m x 10m. Ink on paper.
Riippuminen/Hanging. 1,5m x 10m. Ink on paper.
Sylkky/Lap. 20 Petri glasses, things in them found from the factory,Overalls, breathing mask, brushes, notes all gathered to create drawings
Work consists three parts: The work gathers together materials and traces from drawing practice with the old lindseed factory between 24.4. -15.5. Together with, in and around the factory, we did 16 acts of drawing on paper using Ink, water and many found materials. Main scene for the drawing process was the top layer of the factory where I was able to open up to environment and let my line free.
Acts/Materials in chronological order:
- Lying/Seed pile
- Crossing/Linen and Hemp
- Dangerous Picnic and Running Girls/ Snags, brick, plastic, moss and willow branch
- Visiting/ Unpractical shoes
- Looking in/ Numb feet
- Climbing/ Movement in 4 points of the compass
- Cutting/ drawing with a glass, gathering dust
- Hanging/ Movement when hanging in different ways
- Hanging 2/ Nails, ropes
- Looking at hanging/Paper is hanging
- Peeling / Overalls, box of cigarette
- Recording/ brush
- Grasping/ hands, gloves
- Breathing and hanging/ beans and dust
- Horizontal hanging / movement dialogue with the dust
- Recording/ All materials gathered in the studio